We welcome hikers of all levels, whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just getting off the couch, we will be with you all the way. We Challenge you to raise funds and complete a 30 mile hike. Guided weekly training hikes start in September!
Your commitment to us: raise the designated donation minimum amount, $1800.
Our commitment to you: Organize an active hiking group with planned hikes, led by experienced local guides. Fundraising support: personal web page, sample letters, checklists, ideas, strategies and coaching. Great weekend hiking experience at Joshua Tree National.
1) You can register at anytime ($100 non-refundable fee) at: www.StayClassy.org/ENFHikeRegister
or by filling out the registration packet and sending it in:
2) Once registered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to create your own fundraising page.
3) Start raising $1800 for ENF’s flagship program, Ride With Emilio
4) Training starts September 7, 2013.
5) Hike 30 miles in 1 day in November 16th, to raise funds for ENF and children with cancer.
Our program consists of 4 parts:
1. Fundraising! First and foremost this is a fund raising program and event. In exchange for our training, support, and the Challenge Hike weekend, you will be raising money to benefit the Emilio Nares Foundation. Our “Event” has a fund raising minimum of $1,800 per hiker, which includes a $100 nonrefundable registration fee. Unlike some organizations, you won’t be raising money based on pledges for the number of miles you hike, although you could use this approach to meet your goal. You will have your own personalized Web page, which lets people donate quickly and easily to your fundraising challenge and follow your progress.
2. Weekly training will begin on September 7th. Our coaches and guides, provide you with exceptional training and clinics on fitness and conditioning, nutrition, gear, and injury prevention. We start out easy to get your body used to walking in the dirt, over rocks, and up and down hills. Weekend hikes are on Saturday and an occasional Sunday. You can increase your conditioning by participating in a shorter weekday hike at places like Mission Trails, and Iron Mountain.
This is not a race, you can hike with your fellow hikers and guides at your pace and you don’t have to worry about keeping up. However, for everyone’s safety, we do set ending times and turn around points.
The weekend training hikes take place on one of San Diego Counties many beautiful trails. For the first 3 weeks the Saturday hikes will be about 5 hours. Each week we will do a little more, adding miles and elevation until you reach a pace and conditioning to successful complete our 30 mile hike. Our objective is to over train you for the event weekend so you can enjoy it without getting physically blown out.
3. The Challenge Hike is a fabulous weekend of hiking and celebration. Your lodging, guide fees, local transportation, on trail comfort stations and pre-and post-hike meals, kick off dinner and celebration breakfast are all covered in your fund raising minimum.
Our Challenge Hike is not a race; there is no trophy for first place. We are all here to support each other and those in our community that are suffering from the effects of cancer. But, feel free to challenge yourself physically by setting your own goals.
4. Great people and Benefits. Your teammates, the families, coaches, and staff are here for you every step of the way, for fun, friendship and encouragement. Experience many of San Diego counties diverse trails and terrain.
The greatest benefit of all, is knowing you will be making a difference for the ENF mission of providing families with information and life-enhancing programs and support.
Contact Heidi Cramer, ENF Development Officer, at (760) 310-9467 or email: email@example.com